Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

DLI and gvhd

Hi all, had my first DLI treatment this week, the consultants said GVHD often rears its ugly head 10-14 days after. Just wondering what other peoples experience off this is. i am just over a year post transplant and having DLI as my chimerism isn't great really don't want to be back on cyclosporin and steroids if/when GVHD shows up

Comments

• Hello,

Thanks for posting on the forum. I just wanted to say from a medical perspective that the aim of the DLI is to cause GVHD so there will be a reluctance from your team to put you back on steroids and CSA. That said, if GVHD becomes a problem for you they might introduce immunosuppression as obviously no one wants you to suffer but it will be a balance. They will also get you off immunosuppression as soon as you start to respond, so hopefully it wont be for long if at all.
    I realise its an uncertain time and it must be hard not knowing if you will get GVHD or not, I am sure there are plenty of people on the forum who will be able to share their experiences of DLI as its quite a common treatment post transplant.

Keep us updated

BW
    Hayley
  • Thanks Hayley, hoping I will get to stay off the cyclosporin and steroids fingers crossed for mild GVHD