Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

New GvHD blog - meet the expert

Morning,

Happy New Year to you all.

I just wanted to let forum users who might be interested know that I recently interviewed Fiona Dignan, lead author of the national clinical practice guidelines on graft versus host disease for our blog.

She explains the effects of GvHD in detail and some of the treatments.

https://blog.anthonynolan.org/2017/12/managing-chronic-gvhd-after-a-stem-cell-transplant-meet-the-expert/

We hope you find it informative.

Best Wishes

Billie

Comments

• Hi Billie,

This is great and should be really usefuI to many patients. Also, I haven't suffered much from GvHD myself so it will help me understand it more when it is mentioned on the forum.

Best wishes,
    Sue
  • Hi Billie,

Having had acute skin GvHD myself and gone through the topical creams, steroids and ECP treatment these are really clearly explained in this article so I’m sure it will be helpful to those who might be experiencing the same.

For me GvHD was an irritable inconvenience, but it did delay my ability to get off Ciclosporine so I think it prolonged my recovery as a result, and also meant I had to attend hospital for a substantial amount of treatment (for the ECP) after my transplant.

The important thing is that my GvHD was eventually treated successfully and hasn’t troubled me since.

Cheers,

Steve