Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

2nd Transplant tomorrow

Getting very anxious and worried about my husbands 2nd transplant tomorrow. He’s been poorly after his first lot of Campath. The Doctor mentioned yesterday that it might be donor derived leukaemia now and not a relapse of his own (1st Transplant 2005) Anyone else had any experience with any of this?

Comments

• Hi Alison,

I can understand your anxiety. I've only had a single transplant and didn't have Campath, but I was so ill after the conditioning chemotherapy I really didn't feel ready to go through with the transplant.

I'm sure I've read before about someone that suspected donor derived leukaemia. I guess its quite plausible but I would think it's got to be very unusual.

I do hope that everything goes well with your husbands new transplant and send you my best wishes. Please keep in touch and let us know how things go. We're here to support you both as and when you need us.

All the best,

Steve

• Hi Alison

A good friend had to have a second sc transplant and spent a while on icu with it. I only had the one but am still suffering with chronic gvhd over a 18months later, he's even able to cycle and has put weight on and is working again. I don't think it's automatically bad to have a second one. It could be the key. I wouldn't have believed it if not for my friend.

I hope your hubby's doing ok. Thinking of you.

Helen