Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Grandparents Day!

Have you seen me with my daughter and granddaughter celebrating Grandparents Day on the Anthony Nolan Facebook Page today? It's highlighting the increasing numbers of older people who are now accepted for stem cell transplants. I had my cord blood transplant at 59 and did ask the question ' am I too old?'. The answer was a definite 'no'.

Comments

• I thought that was you when I saw it. Congratulations! Many more milestones to be celebrated yet Sue.

All the best,

Steve
  • Thank you, Steve.

With Anthony Nolan we hoped to do a story on Lynne donating her baby's cord as I had received a double cord blood transplant. Although she gave birth at Barnet Hospital, which has an NHS cord blood bank, they couldn't collect enough cells for the donation. So the story was given a different slant - Grandparents Day.

I hope you are keeping well.
    Sue