Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

TBI Total body irradiation

Hi,

Im currently in hospital having conditioning for Allogeneic Transplant my new cells(x2 blood cords) are due to be infused on 31/7/14. So far not too bad I've just had the Chemo so far (Cyclophosphamide / Fludarabine) I had some nausea and sickness.

I would like to ask people's experiences of TBI?

That is the next step for me and to be honest I'm rather anxious about TBI and the long term effects!

Answers

• Hi, my son had TBI. He had two sessions on four consecutive days. He was very tired and did suffer with ulcers but not sure what was the chemo and what was actually the TBI. Approximately 5 weeks post transplant he was extremely sleepy and slept for most of the day. My son is nearly 2 years post transplant now and we are awaiting a psychological report to see how it has affected him neurologically. He has now been referred to late effects clinic who will monitor him closely. We have been told his thyroid level is border line so may need medication for that. We have also been told he will no doubt have cataracts - but not sure when that is likely to happen. Good luck with your transplant - my son actually went sledging 6 weeks post transplant!!