Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Haploidentical

Hi all, im new to the forum and my brother has been diagnosed with Accute Undiffrentiated Luekemia. He's just finished his first round of chemo and is CR1 he starts his 2nd round today. so far he hasn't got a donor... i have been tested and im a 50% match. Has anyone had any exoeriance of this or know anyone thats had a haplo transplant?

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Hello Dannii

I didn't have a Haplo however when i was undergoing treatment, a fellow patient did receive a Haplo and i'm very pleased to say that 2+ years on she is doing well and not had any more post transplant complications than I have and i had an unrelated 10/10 match. Another thing to consider is that there are people joining the register all the time and any matches which are considered more appropriate will be passed onto the transplant team. I hope this helps.

Rachel

Answers

• Thank you Rachel for your response, it's given me a little more reassurence and hope. Just reading about people post transplant lifts your spirits. I hope i can give someone the same reassurence in a couple of years. Thanks again Dannii