Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

My cousin is on day 35 of stem cell transplant

is it normal for bloods to drop 35 days post transplant?

Answers

• Hello,

I am the nurse in patient services at Anthony Nolan. Thank you for posting on the forum,
    It is very normal for counts to fluctuate after a stem cell transplant, D35 is very early and it is expected that counts will go up an down for a while. Your cousins team will keep a close eye on this and replace any blood or platelets that they might need. You might find some useful information on our website in our recovery section and can also download some booklets https://www.anthonynolan.org/patients-and-families
    Please keep in touch and let us know about your cousins progress.
    Thanks
    Hayley

Dieseldrinker62
  • Clearly every situation is different, but I was admitted to hospital about 2 months post transplant with an infection and my counts had plummeted. The doctors ordered a bone marrow biopsy for the next day, but by the next morning they'd gone back up a bit and without any intervention they just bounced back.

Tony

Dieseldrinker62