Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

weight loss

hi im 130 days post transplant and losing weight is this normal i am eating gairly well

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer

Hi Patsy,

I'm one of the online community champions and a transplant patient myself 7 years ago for ALL.

At 130 days you are still fairly early in your recovery and it takes a while for your body to get its balance back. I look at photos of myself 9 months after my transplant and I was still very thin compared the my weight before my transplant. It took me a long time to regain my weight and it did fluctuate during my recovery, but I think that's fairly common with transplant patients.

I would say as long as everything else is OK and that your blood results are good to try not to worry too much about it. You should mention your concerns to your transplant team and make sure they're happy with your progress.

The main thing is to keep eating, and eat stuff that's good for you. Your body is rebuilding it's systems and is maybe it's using up all the calories rebuilding. Weight will come back, and in my case it came back too much and I'm trying to lose weight at the moment.

I hope this puts your mind at rest a little and I'm sure others will comment with their experiences.

All the best,

Steve

• Accepted Answer

I lost a load of weight about a year after my transplant. My consultant said it was GVHD and it would sort itself out in time and not to worry. He also said keep eating. Good luck.

Dieseldrinker62

Answers