Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Kent Friends Group ?

Does anyone know if the Kent friends group still exists?
Have emailed twice as would like to help on any events they hold but not a peep back. Has that group folded ?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Hello,

Great to hear you'd like to be involved - the Friends groups are volunteer-led and a great way to meet local supporters of Anthony Nolan and get involved in fundraising.

I've checked in with our community fundraising team about this as they help support the Friends Groups. Kent Friends of Anthony Nolan is still a friends group run by volunteers, but they are having a quieter period at the moment which may be why they haven't got back to you. If you're interested in fundraising in the local community, I could pass your details onto Nancy in our community fundraising team and she can speak to you about fundraising ideas and how she can support you, and let you know when Kent Friends starts organising their own fundraising again. Let me know what you think!

If anyone else wants to know about opportunities to get involved in Anthony Nolan's work, you can have a look on our website here http://anthonynolan.org/8-ways or email us volunteering@anthonynolan.org

Let me know if you have any questions and I hope that helps!
    Amy
  • Ok thanks for the reply. I would prefer to lend a hand to events that are organised rather than doing that from scratch. Hopefully will be having a transplant later this year myself but in the meantime not sure I have the oomph to start things from scratch myself. Hope that make sense.
  • That makes perfect sense. It's important to only take on what you have the time and energy for at the moment. You could always get back in touch and get more involved in the future when you feel able to.

In the meantime, you could also look on this volunteer search website to see if there are local opportunities which suit what you're looking for at the moment: http://www.do-it.org.uk/

I wonder if other people on the forum have done volunteering activities and what they've enjoyed - it would be good to hear about other people's experiences too.

Amy