Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Very poorly after 2nd transplant

Hi Everyone,

I’m getting very worried about my husband. His transplant was Nov 22 so well over 100 days. However, he’s had a lot of complications with GVHD of the liver heart problems and now Coronavirus. He’s been discharged from hospital after having constant oxygen. He’s now home and struggles to breathe and cannot walk. He’s lost a lot of weight and the coughing and urging makes him so sick. He’s not eaten for days and is showing signs of malnutrition. I. cant get him to eat anything. The doctors aren’t interested and just keep saying little and often but he can’t even manage a bite of a dry cracker. I’m afraid he’s giving up as he keeps telling me he’s dying.

Comments

• Hi beaglegirl

i just see your post. I am so sorry your husband feels so poorly. How is he doing. Has he been able to keep food down a bit now.

I understand your concern and seeing your husband unwell. it’s hard for you both.

my husband got covid for 1st time in March 22, and he is still struggling with cough his dr has put him on antibiotics for 2nd time. He has had chest xrays but they say his chest is clear.

I hope he starts to feel stronger soon. We have just got to keep asking the questions of doctors to get the help they need.

x