Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

WBC drop

Hello
I am 26 months past transplant and my WBC count has dropped. I had a aspirate on Friday. Anyone got any good news stories. The number have got no better or worse in 2 weeks.
Thanks in advance xx

Answers

• Hi Angela,

I haven't had any experience of my WBC dropping at all, and so far it seems to have been stable. It sounds like yours has perhaps settled if there has been no change for a couple of weeks?

I presume your hospital are monitoring you regularly and have checked you for infections etc?

Hopefully someone may have had a similar experience and will share their thoughts with you.

All the best,

Steve
  • Thanks! Sadly it was bad news and I have relapsed. I am restarting chemo and I am very scared. Odds are stacked against me this time xxxx
  • Hi Angela
    Sorry to hear that you have relapsed and have problems with WBC.
    I hope the new treatment will have an impact.

I also hope if any other members of the forum have had a similar experience they can get in touch and share it with you. In the meantime try and be positive, try not to be scared.

Keep us updated with progress, we are here to support you.

The Patient and Family team at Anthony Nolan are always available if you just wanted a chat with one of them, I've met them they are really nice.

Good luck with the treatment.

Peter

• Oh Angela, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the treatment goes well and you know that we will all be rooting for you here. Please keep us posted on your progress and come here for support.

This forum wasn't around when I had my transplant but I'm sure I'd have found it useful. There are members here who have had multiple transplants so if you end up going down that route again I hope that you will take heart from the fact that you are not alone in having to go through it a second time.

I hope things go smoothly for you and wish you well.

Steve
  • So sorry to hear that Angela so long after transplant, you must be devastated. You don't say how old you are and whether you'll be able to go for second transplant?
    My husband has also relapsed recently only 4 months after transplant for aml, he's 62 and had reduced intensity chemo prior to transplant. He's having Azacitabine chemo cycles and DLI in the hope he will respond and may achieve some quality time but not a cure. Because its relapsed so quickly another transplant isn't an option for him.
    Really hope you have better treatment options and that it works for you xx
  • Hi Cynthia

Sorry to hear that your husband has relapsed so soon after transplant. Hope the new treatment will have some positive affects.

Keep in touch we are here to listen and support you, we all send our best wishes to you both.

Peter
  • Thank you Peter, I'll try to keep in touch but at the moment we're pretty devastated. Reading good news stories makes it even harder, even though we all know there are no guarantees with stem cell transplants.
  • I am 45 and have been in great shakes since the transplant. I am having my last chemo as I write. If the disease doesn't grow during chemo then I will be going to transplant.

I have very young children (3 and 5) so everything is so scary.

Xx
  • Really hope the treatment works for you Angela and you remain well. Your young and have another chance. Good luck to you and your family xx