Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Would you like to be a Community Champion on this forum?

edited February 2017 in Welcome
Hello Everyone,

We are recruiting for new volunteer community champions for the forum.

We want to make the forum a warm, lively place where people can post about their experiences of transplant. At the same time we need to make sure our members stick to the house rules – these make sure that the community is a safe and friendly environment where users can share information and offer support.

We’re looking for volunteers with a personal experience of transplant, either as a patient, parent or family member to help moderate the forum. The role involves welcoming new members, posting new content, checking posts to make sure the community is used appropriately and intervening only where necessary.

For more information and to apply for the role take a look at the website and if you have any questions please let me know.

https://www.anthonynolan.org/8-ways-you-could-save-life/volunteer-us/volunteering-opportunities/current-vacancies/detail/45810

Best Wishes,

Billie

Comments

• Hi all,

Speaking as one of the existing Community Champions I can vouch for how rewarding it can be to support fellow patients through their treatment. Whilst we are all unique and the effects on us differ, there are so many things we do have in common and being a Community Champions means you may just help someone get through a bad patch and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's not too onerous and doesn't take much time to check in regularly and see what's going on in the Community that you might be able to help with. You will all have seen by now how we bounce off each other and for me I find that both rewarding and quite therapeutic.

If you can spare a little time occasionally this is one of the ways you can help Anthony Nolan and fellow patients alike without any impact physically or financially and I for one can heartily recommend it.

Cheers,

Steve
This discussion has been closed.