Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Top up

Hi,
My husband is on about day 120 and his cherism levels have gone down to 78%, and he has now got to have a top up donar cells. Has anyone else had to have this done, I understand he could be in danger of GHVD as well
Thanks lindsay
Unknown

Answers

• Hi Lindsay
    Hearing your husband needs a top up can be daunting but I don't think it's unusual.
    I had mine 8 months post transplant as my chimerism had dropped to 55%. I only needed one top up, though I was told sometimes more are needed.
    I was warned about possible GVHD but I didn't have any issues at the time. I was also warned to carry on being cautious due to the increased risk of infection but to be honest I was still on high alert if anyone so much as cleared their throat around me at that time anyway.
    My chimerism has been at 98% + since then and I'll be two years post transplant in February. I have very mild gut GVHD at the minute but it's manageable.
    Good luck
    Bernie xx