Following information from UK Government and the publication of NICE guidelines, we have updated our advice on the coronavirus for people who have received or are waiting to receive a stem cell transplant to treat their blood cancer or blood disorder. Read our coronavirus guidance here: www.anthonynolan.org/coronavirus
Hello and welcome to the Anthony Nolan online community forum!
Here is an update of our House Rules:
We are delighted that you have joined others who are sharing tips and advice about life before, during and after a stem cell or bone marrow transplant.
Online communities give people the opportunity to share, and express themselves in a way which they may otherwise find hard to do. To respect this and keep everyone safe we’ve put together some legally binding
House Rules: https://www.anthonynolan.org/patients-and-families/anthony-nolan-transplant-community#/page/house-rules
Please read and agree to them before you sign up.
At Anthony Nolan we try to improve every day by growing our register, finding more matches and saving more lives. We also want to make sure that Patients and Families feel supported. We’d like you to know that we welcome any suggestions you may have which can help us to achieve our goals or improve your experience of transplant.
You are welcome to discuss and share medical tips and ideas in the community, but please remember that any content posted here should never be considered as professional medical advice. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your health you must immediately seek medical advice from your GP or transplant team.
Please remember that at the moment, you need to be 18 or over to use the community and all the information posted here, including images, is in the public domain. If while you are using the community you are concerned about the wellbeing of a fellow member, please always ask them to contact the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90.
The main 'Dos and Don'ts' you need to know about are:
• Do be supportive
• Do make sure your posts are accurate or genuinely held opinions
• Do comply with applicable laws of the UK and in any country from which contributions are posted.
• Do help us to keep your community safe
• Do make others feel comfortable and respected
• Do let us know about any improvements we can make
• Do utilise the Forum as much as you would like
• Don’t discriminate against, bully, harass or intimidate, embarrass, alarm or annoy any user
• Do not try to contact your donor or your recipient if you are a donor
• Don’t provide any identifying details
• Don’t swear or use obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or abusive language
• Don’t spam and do not promote or advertise services or products
• Don’t post personal details which would make you or others easily identifiable
• Don’t create multiple accounts
• Don’t use this space to be critical of individuals (including health professionals), organisations or treatments
• Don’t infringe copyright and third party rights
• Don’t promote alternative and or complementary therapies.
• Don't impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that a contribution emanates from us.
If you have any problems, please post in the help section or contact the community moderators email@example.com
We hope you find this platform supportive and insightful!