Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Pre transplant

Hi has anyone experienced stem cell transplant at QE recently?

how was the care, food, visiting etc?

Comments

• Hi Scottish, welcome to the forum. I'm Steve and one of the online community champions here. I had a stem cell transplant in 2013. In my case it was carried out in Leicester.

I'm presuming from your name that you're referring to the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Glasgow? There was someone a while back that I remember was due to have a transplant there and asked a similar question. I'm not sure whether they will have had that now and whether they might see this and give you some feedback.

My own experience of care at my hospital was excellent. I think oncology/haematology nurses and medical teams are a special breed and you probably couldn't wish for more caring people. The NHS gets a lot of stick unfortunately but in our case I think most would agree that transplant patients are very well looked after. I could never fault the food either and was always well fed, when I felt well enough to eat.

The only thing that may have changed could be around visiting due to precautions still around Covid. Your medical team will be able to advise you on that.

Have you started treatment at all yet and how are you finding it? Do you have a date for transplant?

Cheers,

Steve