Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Sorafenib Use for AML FLT3

Hi

I am currently supporting my partner who is around +150 days. My Partner has been out on Sorafenib.

I believe it is not a licensed maintenance treatment yet for AML FLT3 but limited trials have shown it to show positive data.

Has anyone had any experience with it and it’s side effects?

It seems to have had a strong effect on my partner so far and it remains to be seen if it can be tolerated by my partner for the long term.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Hi KeepTheFaith, welcome to the forum.

I have no experience with Sorafenib I'm afraid as it wasn't part of my treatment, but hopefully one of the Anthony Nolan team will pick this up and be able to give you some advice on its effectiveness long term. There may be others who have been treated with this and they may be able to give a patients perspective.

How is your partner feeling at the moment?

All the best,

Steve

• Hi Steve and thanks for the reply. My Partner has really struggled with the side effects of it. It seems very Chemo like side effects. Some hair loss, very fatigued, nausea, sickness, loss of appetite and dry mouth.

The hope is that these side effects are worth while due to the high risk of relapse and things may settle down. The

Team looking after my partner are great and like all medications, constantly being reviewed. All of the side effects are listed in the data sheet and I’m sure some patients have a better experience of it.

Dieseldrinker62