stem Cell Transplant still waiting
Hello, I'm new to this, and my first ever post.
My husband was diagnosed with AML with Flt3. He's had 3x cycles of chemo. He's reached remission. We went to meet SC consultant yesterday, and a date for the 23rd October is penciled in. However my husbands liver has shown some scarring. He's had all tests but none were available for the consultant. They are possibly going to request a biopsy, so any risks can be mitigated. With this delay he may need to have a fourth round. Today we feel crushed, having had all the risks explained, along with the possible life expectancies of no transplant vs transplant if it can or will be available. Just wanted to know if anyone else has been in a similar situation.