Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

More delays

Hi all,I posted a while ago about having to undergo a second transplant for a relapse in AML after 6yrs.I have a long journey to get to this point where I was supposed to be in hospital today to start conditioning,however two days ago I tested positive to Covid and parvovirus so everything is on hold until I recover.
The emotional rollercoaster of this has left me feeling exhausted before I even start the process.Im just hoping that the actual transplant will go smoothly after all the delays (I went through 3 possible donors before finding a match) the donor cells are waiting for me,a 9/10 match.
I think I just need another team talk on here to get me up and ready again !

Katy

Comments

• Hi Katy, sorry to hear about your run with Covid and Parvovirus. Have they cleared up now and is the transplant back on course?

I hope you're feeling better and have recovered well enough to go thourgh the transplant again.

Best wishes,

Steve

Liam_at_AnthonyNolan
  • Well it’s been a rough time and I’m now on a course of antibiotics for chest infection ! Seeing Drs again in week to hopefully set a new date for admission,I’ve now been in remission for 7mths which is amazing,that’s the trouble with this disease is that you never know when it’s going to rear its ugly head again.Hoping the new transplant will keep it under control for many more years.Thanks for your continued support 😊

Dieseldrinker62
  • Hi Katy, glad to hear your remission seems to be holding and hopefully the transplant, when it happens, will make it permanent this time. I think we all live in fear of the disease coming back. I'm now 12 years post transplant but it's always at the back of my mind and I'm slightly nervous when I go for my annual checkups. I guess having been through it once I know the signs of the illness I had and wouldn't hesitate contacting my transplant team if anything ever raised my suspicions.

I hope the new date is set soon and the transplant can proceed smoothly. We're always here to support each other so please keep in touch and let us know whow you're getting on.

All the best,

Steve.

Liam_at_AnthonyNolan