Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Lung function 2 years post transplant

Hi all, has anyone else had decreased lung function post transplant not GVHD related? at my recent appointment I was shown a graph of my lung function since transplant. It has very slowly been decreasing over two years and is now at 60%. Treatment is not needed yet but may well be in the near future. I do not have any symptoms but I do have brochiectasis and had pulmonary embolisms when I was younger so there was already some damage there. They have said it may be partly because i had a lot of chest infections last year and in-between them I had DLI treatment so there may have been aggravated by the donor cells. Any advice on how to help lung function? I do exercise regularly but think maybe more aerobic exercise when my body lets me would help? Any advice much appreciated

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Hello

When I had pneumonia, I had physio as part of the recovery process. The physio assigned me breathing exercises, I would suggest looking into the possibility of having physio or physio advice with regards breathing exercises to help build up your lung function capacity.

Rachel

Answers