Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Helping with hospital stays

Hey,

I want to do some fundraising to donate whatever I can to patients at the uclh where my sister was treated who are stuck in hospital feeling low, lonely and bored.

I know my sister sometimes felt slightly better with a TV available, and I wanted advice from the people who have been through it, as to any home comforts you can think of. No matter the price, depending on how much I can raise, I just want to do anything can to help even a bit.

My love to everyone going through this right now, you are all amazing and I am in awe always.

Eagerly await your suggestions!

Jen ****

Answers

• Morning Jen

What a lovely idea. I spent many hours whilst i was being treated watching DVDs, so any form of media i.e. Netflix, Amazon might be a help to pass time. I struggled to read, however the books i did manage to read where generally pretty light easy reads, board games to play particularly the electronic ones which play with you.

I often think a little manicure or similar treat would have gone done a treat, i felt pretty rubbish so a little pick me up would have been something to look forward to and who doesn't like nice nails.

I hope that helps.

Good luck.

Rachel
  • Hello Jen. How kind of you to think of those people languishing in hospital beds. I’m not sure how it was funded but when I was in hospital in Leeds I really looked forward to the weekly Reflexology session offered every Tuesday afternoon. It was a real bright interlude during sometimes challenging times. Unlike Rachel I couldn’t concentrate on TV programmes very much, but I really enjoyed listening to talking books and music - with my eyes shut!

I hope other people come forward with ideas for you. It’s a lovely idea.
    Best wishes