Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Day 1 Lymphocyte donation

Hi all

Just a quick post to let everyone know i've completed day 1 of my 2 day lymphocyte donation for my brother who has Acute Undiffrentated Lukemia and im pleased to say it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. I donor tomorrow and then start my 4 day injections for stem cell donation on Monday and Tuesday (21/22) He's currently day 3 of 4 of TBI. Does anyone on here have experiance of the GCSF injections? i have a 6month old and a 5yr old and just wondering if it will effect my ability to look after them at all?

Thanks in advance.

Dannii

Comments

• Dannii

Firstly, what a fantastic thing you’re doing for your brother, I wish him all the best with his treatment. My only experience of GCSF was after my own transplant to stimulate the new cells so I’m afraid I haven’t experienced them as a fit and healthy person. However my understanding is that at worst it should be a mild ache in some bones and not something that should adversely affect you looking after your own children at all. I certainly wasn’t aware of any particular side effects from them when I had them.

Hope it all goes well

Tony
  • Hi Danni,

I have had GCSF injections twice for stem cell harvests in the course of my treatments. Like Tony, this was when I wasn't in the best of health but all I can remember is a slight ache and a feeling of pressure in the long bones.

I received a double cord blood transplant for non Hodgkin's lymphoma five years ago as a donor match could not be found. Haplo transplants weren't around then but my team have told me that if I needed the transplant now, my daughters would be tested as the results with Haplos are so good.

With very best wishes to you and your brother.
    Sue
    Unknown