Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi everyone,
Following information from UK Government and the publication of NICE guidelines, we have updated our advice on the coronavirus for people who have received or are waiting to receive a stem cell transplant to treat their blood cancer or blood disorder. Read our coronavirus guidance here: www.anthonynolan.org/coronavirus

Neutropenic sepsis

In the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, people are still receiving and recovering from stem cell transplants.

Neutropenic sepsis remains one of the main risks during recovery, when your body’s immune response can cause damage to other parts of your body.

If you need to attend your local hospital with a temperature, it is vital that the medical team considers neutropenic sepsis as well as COVID-19, to ensure you receive the most suitable treatment immediately.

We’ve developed an official Anthony Nolan letter to take with you to hospital, to highlight the risk from neutropenic sepsis and the action the medical team needs to take.

1) Simply follow this link to the Anthony Nolan letter 👉 https://bit.ly/2TsD8vD

2) In the two blank areas, add the name of your transplant centre keyworker contact and the name of your transplant centre.

3) Download, print or show this letter to the medical team when you arrive at your local hospital.

If you'd like to find out more about infections after transplant, see our Recovery: Body web section: https://www.anthonynolan.org/patients-and-families/recovery-body/dealing-infections

And if you have any concerns about any of this, please get in touch – our helpline is 0303 303 0303 and our email is: patientinfo@anthonynolan.org

All the best,

Tom

chelle_16

Comments

• Hello Tom,

I'm a new Community Online Champion and finding this post has been a blessing in disguise. I think this is an excellent resource for patients. When going through treatment I was likely to have Neutropenic sepsis every 3 or 4 weeks and had a passport for the local hospital but with being post SCT I always feared going in with possible Neutropenic sepsis without a supporting letter especially during COVID.

Thank you for this.

Michelle