Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

I am awaiting a transplant, hopefully Oct/Nov 2022.I have a weeks holiday booked 18th September 2022

I have a weeks holiday booked to Lanzarote 18th September, in view of the rising covid numbers would it be prudent to postpone this holiday until after transplant?

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer

Hi Malkyboy, welcome to the forum.

I think the only people who could answer your question would be your medical team as they will be aware of the status of your immune system and therefore the risk to you. This will be dependent on the treatment you've had to date and any immunosupression you may have had. Assuming you've had chemotherapy treatment your immune system is likely to be reduced and this would make you more vulnerable to any sort of infection, not just Covid.

Was your hoilday booked before you needed a transplant? If so I expect that you would be insured againast cancellation due to medical reasons. You may want to consider a refund rather than postponement as you don't know how long it will take to recover once you've had your transplant.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Tom_AnthonyNolan