Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

From grafted to neutrophinic

Six weeks post transplant after initial graft, neutrophinic again. Waiting results of marrow test but anyone any experience of this? Thanks

Answers

• Hi,

I'm afraid I haven't experienced this but I'm sure I've seen a thread on this before which I'll try and locate.

Have your medical team given any indication as to the reason?

I guess at 6 weeks it's still early days and things can go up and down, so fingers crossed that it is just a minor setback and things will start to pick up again soon.

Please keep us posted and if I can find the previous thread I'll post the link.

All the best,

Steve
  • Hi there, I had my check up this am and neutrophils had dropped but they weren't concerned at all. Said its really normal, it was red and white and platelets they were talking about more .
  • That's good. I still had full transfusions and platelets a couple of times after my transplant. Perhaps red cells take a little longer to recover than Neutrophils?

Keep going Josie.

Steve
  • I remember neutrophil numbers going up and down quite a lot in the first weeks after transplant – and having occasional G-CSF injections, which really made them go bonkers. Bugs knocked them back a bit, too.

Continued good luck to you both.

George