Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Anthony Nolan LIVE! - A Charity Concert

Hello Everyone!

I wanted you all to be the first to know that on Sunday 22nd May I am producing a Charity Concert in aid of Anthony Nolan.

The Concert will be at the 400 seat New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich, Suffolk, who have already been more than generous and have helped me put a plan in place.

I've worked in theatre and the entertainment for over 8 years as a professional and danced since I was 6 years old! I'm pulling out all the stops and calling in all the favours to create a really special night of entertainment and fundraising. I'm hoping to raise literally thousands of pounds through ticket sales and charity fundraising leading up to the day. Bring on the Children in Need style giant cheques!

The line up is still in the planning stages and I'm still looking to recruit some more acts to appear.

If you think you know someone who has a professional act that would like to dedicate their time for a good cause or you have fundraising ideas that you think I could use or another way you would like to help then please email me:

anthonynolanlive@mail.com

I'm super excited to be making this happen and do something that will really make a difference.

Thanks!

Sam :)

Comments

• Sam,

This sounds like a great initiative, well done. Anything that can either raise funds for the valuable work Anthony Nolan does, or raise awareness of their work or blood cancer gets my seal of approval. I'm sure the Anthony Nolan events team can help publicise your event, perhaps on their web page, in newsletters or on their social media feeds. Hopefully they will be in touch directly if they haven't already to offer support and they have been a help to me in the past with the challenges I've done to raise funds.

Good luck with your event and please update the group as things develop. Perhaps others can help in some way or would like to attend and support the event.

All the best,

Steve
  • Hi All!

You'll be pleased to know that planning for the concert is going well and looking forward to being able to put the tickets on Sale at the end of January.

I'm hoping to put together a few donor drives at the same time for the dual purpose of finding new donors and promoting the show.

I've set up a crowdfunding page with JustGiving to help raise some money towards the production costs of the show. Although lots of offers have been for free so far there are somethings that will cost. It will be mainly advertising and technical venue hire costs. I have been lucky to have raised about 34% of the target so far. If you would like to donate then please follow this link:

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/anthonynolanlive

Anything that doesn't get used on production costs will go directly towards the charity. I'm hoping the small investment will mean big return and we will be raising a lot of money for Anthony Nolan. It's something I've taken on as a project myself and have been really forunate with support from my friends, family and co-workers. You're all invited and I will be giving you regular update about the progress!

Best Christmas Wishes,

Sam