Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

Stacey39

Hello my husband has been diagnosed with cancer and has had a hickman line inserted today . Is it normal for him to be in so much pain from it .

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    That doesn't sound right to me Stacey. I don't remember having any pain from it, apart from maybe a bit of soreness around the entry point once the local anaesthetic wore off.

I presume he's said something to his medical team?

Steve
  • edited March 2016 Accepted Answer
    Hi Stacey, I think it varies from person to person I certainly had a lot of pain after mine was inserted and a lot of bruising, if you are worried it is always worth checking with your husbands doctors
    Best wishes
    Becky

Answers

• Thankyou for your replies , he's currently in hospital having ice chemo and the nurses are keeping an eye on it . They thought at first it could be infected as was a lot of redness and rash around that area but thankfully it seems to be okay .