Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

+30 post transplant and blood count still flat !

Hi, has anyone else had a stem cell transplant due to mylophbrosis! My partner is +30 post transplant and blood counts still completely flat.

Answers

• Hi Sally,

That's not a condition that I've come across, but hopefully there might be someone who has had the same condition that might be able to give you some feedback.

I guess the counts rising might be dependent on your partners treatment before the transplant and their health beforehand as it may take longer for the graft to take effect. We are all unique so some people may take longer than others to see some results and fingers crossed in your partners case the counts will start to rise before long.

I presume you and your partner have discussed this with the medical team? Have they given any explanation as to why it seems to be taking a while for results to show up?

Hopefully you will see some improvement soon.

All the best,

Steve
  • Thanks Steve,

We are awaiting bone marrow biopsy report, I just wondered if there was anyone on this forum who had experienced a similar situation with the same condition.

Thanks
    Sally
  • Hi Sally,

I wondered whether there's been any update on your partners condition and whether there was any feedback from the biopsy.

I hope everything is ok.

All the best,

Steve
  • Hi Steve

We are now day +37 bloods completely flat, white cell count 0.01 and neutrophils 0.01 so have been advised that he is to have a stem cell top up, we never in a million years thought that we would be in the position, quite frightening. Thanks for asking

Sally
  • Hi Sally,

Fingers crossed that the stem cell top up gives things a jump start and your partners counts start to grow. Please do keep us up to date if you get chance.

Steve
  • Hi

We received confirmation of Primary Graft Failure, and we have along wait ahead of us, as the donor cannot donate until the very end of May.

Sally