Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the house rules and keep this community safe for yourself and others.

World Nurses Day

Hello everyone,

Today is World Nurses Day - an opportunity to celebrate the dedication, support and care that makes such a difference in the lives of patients and their families during hospital stays and beyond.

Susan Paskar is one of our Anthony Nolan transplant nurses - she chatted to me a bit about her day and what working with patients means to her.

I wanted to share it with you - enjoy.

http://blog.anthonynolan.org/2015/05/a-day-in-the-life-of-an-anthony-nolan-transplant-nurse/

Billie

Comments

• I saw this on Facebook and shared it to my friends.

Nurses are some of the unsung heroes. They put up with so much and see us at our lowest ebb during treatment, but still manage to try to keep our spirits up, no matter how hard their day has been.

The nurses who looked after me were fantastic, and very professional at all times.

I hear a lot of bad things said about the parts of the health service, but after my own experience I've often wondered whether cancer specialities attract a different type of person to be a nurse as I cannot fault any of them.

Steve